This is an introduction to amazing stories of coincidence I will be writing in a series of blog posts.
But here’s the thing. I don’t think they were just coincidences. Make sure you subscribe to get the blog posts as they come out.
Lets say you have 7 dice and to win a prize you have to land a 2, 5, 1, 6, 3, 2, 4. That’s with throwing the dice all at once. Think of how hard that would be. I don’t know the exact odds but I know the odds are very unlikely you would get those numbers on one throw.
What if you could gather the dice up throw them again and and again and again until you finally got that number combination. Most likely it would take a very very long time.
I believe the odds of most coincidences occurring in our lives are more unlikely than getting those numbers in one throw.
What Is A Coincidence?
According to dictionary.com a coincidence is:
a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance: (ex:) Our meeting in Venice was pure coincidence.Dictionary.com Coincidence
Have you ever had something happen like that?
Something that happened that seemed as if it was planned. But as far as you know it wasn’t.
Sometimes it’s spooky weird how perfectly things fall into place or out of place.
Here is one example of a coincidence.
Say you are going to an amusement park and it is two to three hours away. On the way there an hour or so in you have to go to the bathroom.
You see a rest stop on the highway but decide to stop at the next one.
So you end up going to the next one that has rest rooms, a gift shop and fast food restaurants.
As you walk in through the doors. Your good friend who you haven’t seen in a while walks out the same doors.
You stop and turn to each other and are like, “What the heck? Hey! Hows it going? So weird!”
Out of all the places you both could be going. Out of all the rest stops, you could have stopped at. You almost stopped at the one before but for some reason decided to drive further to the next one. Out of all the days you could have chosen to go to the amusement park. The Day. The Minute. The Second. It was unplanned.
That’s an example of a coincidence. This example actually happened to me.
Why I Don’t Believe In Coincidence
Now if you actually paid attention to the coincidences in your life. Which I think many times we actually miss them. You would see that they happen more often than you think. Even though the odds are low.
I don’t believe in coincidences as being random chance for a few reasons.
- If these situations were just random chance, then it would make sense that they wouldn’t happen as often as they seem occur. I have experienced many coincidences and know many others who have as well.
- The odds of these coincidences happening in our lives are super slim. We don’t even live all that long. Yet experience coincidences throughout our lives.
- It may sound crazy if you don’t believe in God but I believe God (Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit) and his angels are able to intervene in our lives. Along with his Word the Bible, God also guide us through intervention in our lives to set us on the right path to salvation and living righteously.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.Jeremiah 29:11
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.1 Corinthians 2:14
- I also believe that Satan and his demons are able to intervene in our lives as well. He tries to lead us into temptation and steer us on off the path God has for our lives. He tries to set us on a path to destruction and living sinfully.
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.Matthew 24:24
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.2 Corinthians 11:14
- I had a period of time in my life where I turned to God and what would seem like coincidences, one after the other happened daily for a few months. I also became aware of coincidences that happened in my past. To the point I can’t deny that God his kingdom and Satan and his kingdom doesn’t exist.
I believe coincidences are supernatural interventions.
Which is why I call these interventions from God that seem like coincidence, Godcidences.
My Godcidence Stories
I am going to be regularly writing stories most would see as just a coincidence at first. But check out this stories and you will begin to see a pattern. A pattern of God’s hand at work.
I don’t think I am more special or unique than anyone else to have God manifest in my life. I just chose to allow God to be a part of my life and to follow Jesus. He is willing to be a part of anyone’s life that wants him to be a part of it. In fact he desires it!
I will share these Godcidence stories as best as I remember them. I will also share new stories as they happen and come about.
Run Down On A Godcidence
In case you haven’t heard of a Godcidence, that’s because I made the name up. I am not sure if the word is used elsewhere.
If you belong to God as a child through Jesus Christ, then more often then not, I believe those coincidences are from God. Hence Godcidences.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.Romans 8:28
Godcidences are not exclusive to followers of Jesus. God intervenes in the unbelievers lives as well.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.James 1:17
- Sometimes we don’t see the reason God would cause certain things to happen and other times we have an idea of why.
- Sometimes God creates an opportunity to make a choice
- God sees the beginning to the end and is ultimately in control.
- God is not evil nor does he do evil.
- Remember Satan for the time being is allowed access to earth and him and his army cause things to happen as well. Hence spiritual warfare.
We Need To Be Discerning
We need to be careful when we decide to go along or follow coincidences or what we see as signs.
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.1 John 4:1
Just because you are saved by Christ doesn’t mean you are free from the enemy trying to steer you off the right path, to lead you to distraction, despair and destruction.
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.Matthew 7:13-14
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.1 Timothy 4:1
We are living through warfare that we are essentially blind to without God opening our eyes. A war for our souls.
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.2 Corinthians 4:4
The enemy can be cunning and deceitful. To steer you away from what is true and good for us. Because the enemy hates God and whats good and loves evil and wants to bring us to our doom.
Before making any choices if there are any, always use discernment.
Discerning if from God:
- Through the Bible. If it is directly against God’s Word then it is not of God.
- If it goes against God’s character. It is not of God.
- Jesus is the way the truth and the life. The only way to salvation. If something is telling you otherwise. It is not of God.
- To be able to discern situations best. You need to know God’s Word thoroughly.
- Ask the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ to help you discern.
Why I am Sharing These Stories
The reason I am writing down these stories is so that I can remember them when I need them during tough times to remind me
- God is with me and will never leave me.
- He loves me like his own child.
- He cares about the little things.
- He will provide for my needs.
The reason I am sharing these stories is
- To help build and strengthen your faith.
- To show you God is real.
- To show you he wants a relationship with you.
Share your biggest coincidence stories in the comments.
Do you think God played a part in it?