If you are looking for some great inspirational horse quotes that are short and sweet, look no further.
As an equestrian myself I have curated a list here for you, of my favorite quotes for the horse lover or horse person. For when you need some encouragement on your equestrian journey.
You could use these in cards to your horsey friends or students if your an instructor, in your email newsletters, you can write down your favorites and post it somewhere as encouragement, or whatever else you are wanting simple inspirational horse quotes for.
You could also just read them to feel more motivated and inspired.
Though these are great quotes for equestrians, many of these quotes can also apply to non-equestrians as well.
Just so you know these quotes are no longer than 12 words.
If you are interested I have another post with 100 inspirational horse quotes.
Some of the quotes are the same. I took the short quotes from that post and added them here. However, there are other quotes that are longer, which I obviously didn’t list here. So go check it out! 🙂
I hope you find this list of short inspirational horse quotes useful and you come back for other horse and equestrian quote posts! Enjoy!
The Short Inspirational Horse Quotes List
1. For that feeling after you got over that scary jump. -Kacey Cleary
2. Correction does much for the horse, but encouragement does more. – Unknown
3. “You took care of your horse, and your horse took care of you.” – Elton Gallegly
4. Take the chance of falling to experience flying. – Unknown
5. Ride softly, listen carefully, and love completely. – Unknown
6. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas Edison
7. Care, and not fine stables, makes a good horse. – Danish Proverb
8. It is the difficult horses that have the most to give you. – Lendon Gray
9. Courage is being scared to death… and saddling up anyway. – John Wayne
10. Success is letting go of fear. – Carl Wittaker
11. Good attitude is most important. Good talent is second. – George H Morris
12. No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. – Winston Churchill
13. Live life like someone left the gate open. – Unknown
14. Ride More. Stress Less. Ride More. Worry Less. Ride More. Love More. – Unknown
15. Life is short. Hug your horse. – Unknown
16. Horses make life better. – Unknown
17. The smell of happiness. – Unknown
18. A love like no other. Want a better day? Ride a horse! –Kacey Cleary
19. You can’t be afraid of the power. You need to use it. –Charlotte Dujardin
20. Eyes up, shoulders back, and you can do anything. – Unknown
21. Even though you have been bucked, kicked, bit, and stomped, never give up! –Cowgirl Tuff Co.
22. It’s not a hobby. It’s a lifestyle. – Unknown
23. For one to fly, one needs only to take the reins. – Melissa James
24. A horse allows you to fly without wings. – Unknown
25. For many the words love, hope and dream are synonymous with horses. – Unknown
26. “A canter is a cure for every evil.” — Benjamin Disraeli
27. No one can teach riding so well as a horse. ~C.S. Lewis
28. Riding never gets easier. You just get better. – Unknown
29. The world is best viewed through the ears of a horse. – Unknown
30. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out. ~Robert Collier
31. In summer winter rain or sun, it’s good to be on horseback. – Mike Oldfield
32. A great horse will change your life. The truly special ones define it… – Unknown
33. Make your comebacks stronger than your set backs. – Unknown
34. Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever. -Lance Armstrong
35. Some of us will never grow out of that horse phase. – Unknown
36. Nothing compares to the therapy a horse can give. – Unknown
37. Horses aren’t my whole life. They make my life whole. – Unknown
38. There is no face cuter than a horse waiting for their owners affection. – Unknown
39. Horse. Happiness. Obsession. Reliable. Sassy. Elegant. – Unknown
40. Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure. – Unknown
41. There is no failure except in no longer trying. – Unknown
42. “You’re not working on the horse, you’re working on yourself.” -Ray Hunt
43. “Take the time it takes so it takes less time.” -Pat Parelli
44. “The horse is a reflection of the rider’s ability.” -Ray Hunt
45. “The horse will teach you if you‘ll listen.” -Ray Hunt
46. There is no failure except in no longer trying. – Unknown
47. For that feeling when your horse whinnies to you. -Kacey Cleary
48. “If you want a stable friendship, get a horse.” – Unknown
49. “Bread may feed my body, but my horse feeds my soul.” – Unknown
50. If you need a reason to ride, you are not on the right horse. – Unknown
51. Put some excitement between your legs, ride a horse. – Unknown
52. A horse can change a life. – Unknown
53. Saddle up when feeling down. – Unknown
54. You can’t teach feel you have to experience it. -Bill Dorance
55. Be the person your horse would follow anywhere. – Unknown
56. For that feeling when your horse runs over to see you. -Kacey Cleary
57. Not all those who wander are lost. – Unknown
58. To change your horse you must first change yourself. -Clinton Anderson
59. People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing. – Dale Carnegie
60. Let your faith be bigger than your fear. – Unknown
61. For that feeling when you can actually sit the trot without bouncing.- Kacey Cleary
62. I’m a happier person when I ride horses. – Unknown
63. Dare to dream big. – Unknown
64. For that feeling when your horse finally trusts you. -Kacey Cleary
65. . Start collecting moments not things. – Unknown
66. Go forward with joyful confidence.– George Elliot
67. It is the difficult horses that have the most to give you. – Lendon Gray
68. For that feeling when you finally feel one with your horse –Kacey Cleary
69. It is the difficult horses that have the most to give you. – Lendon Gray
70. For that feeling when your horse rests their head on your shoulder. –Kacey Cleary
71. It is the difficult horses that have the most to give you. – Lendon Gray
72. You cannot train a horse with shouts and expect it to obey a whisper. – Dagobert D. Runes
73. Every time you ride, your either teaching or un-teaching your horse. – Gordon Wright
74. One man’s wrong lead is another man’s counter- canter. – S.D. Price
75. Horses = Happiness –Kacey Cleary
76. I live in a house but my home is in the stable. – Unknown
77. Our hoofbeats were many, but our hearts beat as one. – Schopenhauer
78. Ask not what your horse can do for you – Ask what you can do for your horse. – Unknown
79. In training horses, one trains himself – Antoine De Pluvinet
80. Riding a horse is the closest thing to being in heaven. –Kacey Cleary
Answer these questions in the comments below.
Which quote relates to you the most?
What is one horse related goal you are working towards right now?